jeudi 23 mars 2017

March Challenge PaperArtsy


Good day,

First I am really excited this morning because I just received my order from PaperArtsy. I have order the Infusions Ink with a recommandation of Nathalie Fournier (Les idées de Magouille) who has been working with this ink for a while and love those.

The topic for the PaperArtsy challenge for the month of March is to Doors, Windows and Architecture. I decided to used Doors on my project. Since I most a card maker I have create a card with a opening of two gothic style doors.

I have started to cut two pieces of cardstock with the Spellbinders dies Gothic Strip to give a ancient style at the two outside panels. For the background, I used Distress Ink for the two panels and two copper brads for the door handle . I stamp Amour from one sentiment from the set Jofy 35.

For the inside of the card I have cut another piece of the same yardstick with the Spellbinders dies set A2 Devine Eloquence. I have cut a piece of Ivory cardstock and embossed on of the stamp from the set EclecTica by Elizabeth Borer EE07 with Copper embossing powder.

Here few pictures of my card :




PaperArtsy product :
Stamp from the set EclecTica by Elizabeth Borer EEB07
Stamp from the set Jofy 35


















It is always more difficult for me to create a masculine card but this one could easily be used for that purpose.

I like to have your comments.

Have a great day!
Louise from Quebec, Canada

5 commentaires:

  1. Hi Louise! It is indeed always more difficult to create masculine cards - so many stamp designs are 'cute' or 'feminine', it would seem. This is a great idea for a card, as it would be just as applicable to a male as a female. I love the Gothic look of it. I am a huge fan of Liz Borer's stamps too, which go very well with your card.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Julie Ann for your comments. At first the topic Doors, Windows and architecture was a challenge for me but I am happy with the result. When I see the mix media project on PaperArtsy I often told my self I should explore more those type of project. Have a great day!

      Supprimer
    2. Louise,
      This is fantastic, I was thinking about making a card then when I sat down to do it .... I haven't made cards in so long I just didn't know where to start. Yours looks fantantic

      Supprimer
  2. A great idea to use double doors Louise. Love what you have created, and enjoy playing with your infusions! X

    RépondreSupprimer